"Teach men not to rape"
Shut the fuck up.
Shut every fucking part of your face noise can come out of.
Stop fucking talking.
Do not talk.
Stop implying men are the only fucking people who rape.
Stop implying rapists don’t know that what they’re doing is wrong.
Stop blaming men for what fucking rapists do.
"…men actually avoiding contact with women because they’re afraid a simple kiss or date could lead to a sexual assault accusation."
This is a HUGE problem, in fact THIS WHOLE ARTICLE is extremely disgusting. Not to mention the fact that I have seen quite a few other articles about rape hysteria as well. As a victim of rape myself, this needs to stop. I’m not sure why feminists fear rape like grim death, yet at the same time use it as a revenge tool. False rape accusations are at an all time high, and thanks to the very fucked up NEW Definition of rape, which basically seems to me “ANYTHING A GUY DOES THAT I DON’T LIKE” things are spinning out of control.
Honestly? Honestly! Rape is a serious fucking issue, and you know what? Feminists are turning it into a fucking joke. Feminists seem to be really fucking determined to make rape the most trivial thing POSSIBLE. Now men looking at you the wrong way is rape, now men complimenting you is rape, men saying hello, smiling at you, sitting too close to you on a bus. It’s all rape and oppression and WHAT THE FUCK? How determined are you to make not only rape a joke, but also be victims? How determined are you to make WOMEN LOOK AS STUPID AND FUCKING ALARMIST AS POSSIBLE!? You all goddamn complain about how rape ISN’T Something to joke about while simultaneously TURNING RAPE INTO ONE HUGE THREE RINGED CIRCUS!
For the love of God feminists PLEASE FUCKING STOP!
Certain feminists are also doing a great job in gendering the whole freaking issue and making it very difficult for any man who was sexually assaulted to be believed. Or it can strike fear into men who got into sexual situations without consenting themselves, and then worrying and freaking thinking that they are the rapist, especially if alcohol is involved and both parties are drunk. It also doesn’t help when everyone tells men that they always want to have sex, and no one tells them how to say no, or that they even can so no, if the other party initiates the activity.
- Mod Helga
I will say it again this is really fucked up, sad, and incredibly depressing but sadly not at all surprising.
I see a bunch of feminists on here whining about how no guys want them or like them or want to date them but this article is kind of proof how hideous they’ve gotten with their “rape culture”. This is why men don’t wanna talk to you, this is a problem FEMINISTS created not the men.
moral panics are so very empowering of women
I don’t blame those men in the least. They’re now having to alienate themselves as protection from having their lives potentially ruined. A few things to note here:
- False accusations of rape are at an all time high, and do a lot more damage to a person’s life than those abusing the term of “feminist” would have us believe. The “feminists” of tumblr alone have shown us multiple goddamn times that they are not at all above fabricating their own false stories of assault just to “prove” a point.
- The “statistic” being passed around regarding rape is not only false, but completely and utterly outlandish. The woman who conducted the original surveys the “1 in 4” nonsense came from did so with a very extreme bias, and disregarded the actual feelings of the women she questioned. Not only were consensual one-night-stands that the subjects later regretted considered to be “rape”, but this article notes that even a kiss was classified as “sexual assault”. When you have to lie about the prevalence of a crime, you’re not doing women any favors.
- RAINN - the leading organization dedicated to helping victims of rape, has openly discouraged “rape culture” from being taught on college campuses, because it takes attention away from the people that are truly responsible for rape: the rapists.
- More men are statistically the victims of violent crime and murder than women. In fact, men are at least three times more likely to be victims of crime than women. Even in domestic violence, at least 40% of the victims are MEN, with WOMEN AS THE ABUSERS. Also, recent reports from both Harvard and the CDC have discovered that up to 40% of all rape is carried out by women.
- Acts of violence are not a product of our culture - they are a product of a lack of function in the brain, particularly the pre-frontal cortex. No form of joke of any kind is going to damage a person’s brain. You could bombard a man with violent imagery of rape and murder, but mere image and suggestion is not going to disable the functioning of the pre-frontal cortex. This area of the brain is responsible for controlling our impulses. For most human beings, this keeps us from acting out against what we’ve learned to be the appropriate behavior in our society. Time and again, science has shown us that the brains of violent criminals are not the same as those of the average person.
The people that commit rape lack the empathy to connect with their actions towards others. They are more than likely already well aware that what they’re doing is wrong. They simply do not have that little voice in the back of their head that tells them not to actually do it. What they AREN’T, however, is a product of “rape jokes”, nor the fault of the media. The kind of people with the capability to commit rape are not going to be influenced not to do so by any amount of banners and signs.
- On top of the differences found in the brains of convicted criminals, there is also the fact that male and female brains are not wired the same. There is a part of the brain that connects the two hemispheres (the corpus callosum) that is smaller in boys than in girls. Now, studies have frequently shown that violent criminals are also usually the products of broken homes, and childhood abuse. Such abuse actually reduces that part of the brain even further in boys, while such an effect is not shown to occur in girls that endure abuse at a young age. It is this part of the brain that effects how they cope with stress and trauma at their earliest points in life. The way that we treat little boys as essentially emotionless is weakening their psyche, NOT “toughening them up” like we think it does.
Violent criminals are not manufactured by society. They are manufactured by THEIR OWN, PERSONAL HISTORY AND BIOLOGY.
Here are even more resources for further reading: http://digitalcommons.law.umaryland.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2034&context=fac_pubs
This glorified mass hysteria known as “rape culture” has now finally driven men and women farther apart than ever before.
Now, someone please explain how this is encouraging gender equality, because—maybe I need to get my eyes checked—but I’m just not seeing it. I’m also not seeing anything that could even remotely be considered “empowerment”. All I am seeing is resentful women passive-aggressively lashing out in sociologically harmful ways over their own lack of understanding of others, perpetuating unsubstantiated widespread panic, alienating themselves from men even further than they already had, and basically trying to force women to live in a constant state of subservient fear.
If that’s anyone’s idea of “empowerment”, or “protecting” women, then please - keep it to yourselves from now on, because we’re better off without it.
This is bad. This is really, really bad.
Holy shit! This post is so much! I’ve gone through all those links and while I don’t have near enough time to refute them point by point trust me when I say that they are all either unsourced, taken out of context, cherry picking facts, manipulating statistics, outright lying, or actually from known hate groups.
I started following the person I reblogged this from because they contributed to that awesome woman in science post from shychemist that went around a while back, and I’m really disappointed that she ascribes to this red pill bullshit.
Breaking news, guys! Harvard, the CDC, the FBI, the Federal Bureau of Statistics, RAINN, a feminist scholar that has devoted her entire life to women’s studies, the Independent Women’s Forum, numerous police reports, and literal scientific fucking FACT are now “unsourced, biased hate groups” (I’d LOVE to know where “unsourced” comes from, as you’re not providing a shred of evidence to back your claims here).
Seriously - people like you do not give a shit about women. If you’re literally ANGRY that women AREN’T as oppressed and victimized as you were falsely led to believe, how healthy is your idea of “feminism” to the safety of women?
Fat shaming is calling fat people landwhales, cows, airplanes, or other random insults based on their size or telling them they’re ugly or otherwise insulting their appearance. Saying that being obese is unhealthy is not fat shaming. Believe it or not, it’s possible…
You know, I actually used to be more involved with feminist tumblr because sometimes they talk about actual issues (like pro-choice things, purity culture, women in third world countries, etc), but I think it was the radfems that kind of pushed me away.
Recently, a young trans girl in my city was murdered, and when I mentioned this, I got called a “dick worshipper” who was trying to steal the attention away from “real women”.
I was appalled. These cunts actually had the audacity to make someone else’s death all about them and act like they had it worse. That’s when I went from “okay I can handle radfems if they’re quiet” to “all radfems are literal fucking sociopaths”. And whenever people would bring up the disgusting way radfems treated trans women, bi women, any women they didn’t like, some radfem would respond with “ok but we are too oppressed to do any real damage so it’s okay”.
Listen, you don’t have to be “privileged” to be a total piece of shit. You don’t have to have unlimited political influence to be a total piece of shit either. ANYONE can be a horrible person. Feminists can be horrible people, anti feminists can be horrible people, women can be horrible people, men can be horrible people, ANYONE can.
Not only did radfems stomp all over someone’s death and demonize that girl for taking attention away from “real women” (even though that girl was certainly a “real woman”), but they dismissed this behavior because they thought that their “oppression” gave them a free pass.
I still look at pro-choice blogs and I like seeing what people have to say about sex shaming and this “purity” bullshit, but other than that, I would rather keep my distance from tumblr’s shitty feminism community.
How the guy who invented a date-rape drug detecting nail polish feels after being attacked by feminists
part of the problem. there’s a number of reasons why the idea sucks, but mostly because drugs are only involved in a minority of rape cases. it helps reinforce ideas that women need to change their behaviours or wear a certain thing to stop rape.
it’s funny when people start attacking feminists like anita sarkeesian, it’s “dishonest” to ignore the “legitimate criticism” in the wake of that. however when there are honest and thoughtful feminist critiques of stuff like that, they get shut down as bitching and surprise surprise, feminists end up getting attacked again.
For an explanation of the issues behind the “Anti rape” Nail Polish, this article is a good start.
It’s not an ‘either/or’ issue, where something either works completely or isn’t worth it.
Yes, the majority of rape isn’t going to be some stranger, and it’s not going to be always caused by a drug, but the risk is still there. And no matter how much we “educate”, there will always be people who don’t give a shit, who see women as a tool for their pleasure.
We need to attack the problem on all fronts. We need to be prepared to defend ourselves, not from the world we should live in, but the world we do live in. Rape happens. Anything that can prevent it is worth pursuing, no matter how insignificant.
I firmly believe as a person and hopefully future parent that if you don’t vaccinate your children you deserve to be investigated by Child Protection Services. Putting other people’s children and other people in danger with your pseudo science shouldn’t be a parenting choice. It should be required unless for some reason your child medically can’t be vaccinated. I’m not implying all of you are bad parents but you’re making a terrible choice that’s not even based in evidence